03/03/2022 – Awards / MEFFYS / Mobile / MWC / Congress / Winners
MEFFYS award winners announced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
The winners of the 2022 MEFFYS Awards – often touted as the Oscars of the Mobile Industry – have been announced at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona.
Hosted by UK-based Mobile Ecosystem Forum (MEF), the MEFFYS Awards celebrate innovation, creativity and ingenuity in the Mobile Ecosystem. The award ceremony is seen as an opportunity for the industry to recognise, applaud and showcase those individuals and companies that have made a significant difference in 2021 across MEF’s core ecosystems.
This year’s MEFFYS broke all previous records in its 17-year history, with the largest ever number of nominees and votes.
MEFFYS 2022 award winners
Judged across seven award categories, the MEFFYS 2022 award winners are:
• Personal Data & Identity – VOX CARRIER
• Enterprise Communications – TANLA PLATFORMS LTD
• Content & Advertising – AVATAR WORLD GROUP (AWG)
• Global Connectivity – ORANGE
• Mobile IoT – iBASIS
• Payments – (non-MEF member) FINBRAINE FINTECH PVT. LTD
‘Personal Contribution to Sustainability’accolade
A Special Award for ‘Personal Contribution to Sustainability’ went to Andrew Bud CBE FREng FIET. In the early 1980s Andrew was championing cordless telephony, and by the mid 1990s he was Head of Mobile at Olivetti, which eventually became Omnitel / Vodafone Italy. He was a founder of the MBlox (now Sinch) – an early CPaaS / Direct Carrier Billing player. Today Andrew manages iProov, a leading innovator in mobile identity/face authentication that recently received US$70 million investment. Notably, Andrew founded and has chaired the Mobile Ecosystem Forum, creating a place for cross-industry discussions, anti-fraud actions and consumer protection
Within this Special Award category, notable mentions went to:
• Dr Mike Short CBE (a champion for a global mobile ecosystem since the 1980s, and currently Chief Scientific Advisor at Department for International Trade (DIT) in the UK);
• Inderpal Mumick (EVP and CEO of Dotgo, who was nominated for his contribution to the RCS commercial models strategy);
• Andy Gladwin (Cheetah Digital's Senior Director of Global Mobile GTM, who has enrolled the first marketing cloud vendor within the Mobile Ecosystem Forum and with that contributed with energy across multiple pillars with a broader perspective on Mobile’s application and value within the enterprise layer).
“Innovation in mobile is now global”
“The MEFFYS winners are nominated and voted by the professionals in the industry in an open online contest. This is a true representation of the sentiment in the industry,” remarked Dario Betti, CEO of the Mobile Ecosystem Forum.
“Innovation in mobile is now global, with winners from Europe, Latin America and Asia. And, very importantly, these innovators are also looking at the long-term sustainability of the ecosystem,” he added.
The winners were announced live at a red-carpet awards ceremony hosted by MEF on 28th February at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona on a night of amazing performance art, live music, dinner, dancing and more.
“We’d all like to send our congratulations to the winners of this year’s MEFFYS. Each award is well deserved and showcases companies and individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to the mobile ecosystem,” enthused Mr Betti. “Our awards nights get bigger and glitzier every year, and this year was no exception! We hope that the MEFFYS party will be a staple of future MWCs in the coming years.”
Mines and Money Connect London 2023
Petrochemical and Refining Congress: Europe 2023
Abu Dhabi, UAE